Reviews of RealDose Weight Loss Formula No. 1, a natural dietary supplement that supposedly helps people lose weight by operating on a hormonal level.
About Realdose.com Weight Loss Formula No. 1
Weight Loss Formula No. 1, a natural supplement for losing weight, seems to be a flagship product from Realdose.com. The ads and website are both fronted by Dr. Steven Sisskind, who does appear to be a real doctor, but it’s unclear if his involvement in the company is as a paid spokesman or direct contributor.
The supplement apparently includes several obscure herbs as primary ingredients which we have listed below along with their purported effects:
- Blend of Piper Betle leaf and Dolichos Biflorus seed extract – The Realdose website claims that these ingredients work on a hormonal level to increase adiponectin while decreasing ghrelin levels. Increasing adiponectin is supposed to burn more fat cells while decreasing ghrelin is supposed to reduce feelings of hunger. Lower body fat is claimed to be the end result.
- Decaffeinated Green Coffee Bean extract – It is claimed that this ingredient inhibits ingested carbohydrates from converting into fats. This is apparently accomplished by blocking glucose absorption which causes the body to utilize fat for energy instead of sugar.
- Siberian Rhodiola Rosea – This ingredient is supposed to reduce stress, anxiety, and cortisol levels. Ultimately, it is alleged to reduce craving and belly fat caused by cortisol. Some readers may be interested in our article on Rhodiola Benefits and Side Effects.
A bottle of Realdose Weight Loss Formula No. 1 contains a 30-day supply of 90 capsules. Instructions say to take 1 capsule three times a day a half hour before meals.
The Realdose website is filled with glowing reviews of their products, yet there are two disclaimers which should be noted. One of these disclaimers proceeds several reviews on the website front page, and has been quoted below:
* Disclaimer: Results are not typical. The results observed are not associated with the effects of Weight Loss Formula No. 1 alone. You will only get results with this product if you combine it with a healthy diet and exercise program. Results may vary from individual to individual. This statement has not been evaluated by any government organization.
Another disclaimer appears at the very bottom of the website, “*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.”
RealDose.com is the official product website. It was created on March 15, 2011.
How Much Does RealDose Weight Loss Formula No. 1 Cost?
RealDose Weight Loss Formula No. 1 is available to order on the product website, as well as Amazon.com.
Below is price breakdown for various amounts of the supplement:
- A 30-day supply costs $67.
- A 90-day supply costs $179.
- A 180-day supply costs $327.
The product website claims that they offer free shipping to costumers in the United States and Canada.
According to the website Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), estimated shipping time within the continental United States is 3-5 business days.
Purchase of Weight Loss Formula No. 1 from the product website includes an Unconditional 365-day Money-Back Guarantee.
RealDose Weight Loss Formula No. 1 Reviews
For a product that has been on the market for several years, it is surprisingly difficult to find objective online reviews of Weight Loss Formula No. 1. Currently, the best place to look for online user reviews appears to be Amazon, where 83 customers have given the product a collective rating of 2.9 stars out of 5. These reviews seem to be truly mixed with 27 users awarding the product with 5 stars while 27 users have also awarded it 1 star. While the 5 star reviews are glowing endorsements which claim that the product works just as advertised, the biggest negative complaints from reviewers is that the product had no effect at all.
On the FAQ of the Weight Loss Formula No. 1 page, it claims that customers can lose up to 2 pounds per week. Since RealDose also advises that users eat a healthy diet and practice a regular exercise program, it seems appropriate to question whether any weight loss achieved while taking the formula could potentially be due to other lifestyle improvements.
The RealDose website cites several studies to back up their product claims, yet these studies include a few experiments carried out on the specific individual ingredients contained within Weight Loss Formula No. 1, and not on the supplement itself.
Overall, it should be noted that RealDose maintains an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Although they are not accredited with the BBB, the company has only received 2 complaints over the last three years, both of which have been resolved.
2013 User Reviews Update
Due to the large number of comments below, we attempted to consolidate the discussion into a more compact format by including only those comments by readers who have actually used the product. As of 2013, we found that RealDose received 55% positive reviews and 45% negative/neutral reviews. See: RealDose Reviews: 2013 Update
RealDose Weight Loss Formula No. 1 is a natural dietary supplement that is supposed to aid in loss of weight by affecting hormones associated with hunger, fat usage, and stress. Weight Loss Formula No. 1 appears to have mixed reviews from online users. Roughly half of these reviews are glowing endorsements, while the other half claim that it had no effects. Although some science experiments do appear to support the claims related to the individual ingredients contained within this supplement, there are no legitimate science studies which have specifically studied RealDose Weight Loss Formula No. 1.
Have you tried RealDose Weight Loss Formula No. 1? Give us your thoughts in the comments below.
Updated February 13, 2015
Originally published May 2012